What Did The Holy Spirit Through Jude Write About People Who Turned Grace Into A License For Immorality?
▪ godless men (v. 4)
▪ speak abusively against whatever they do not understand and what things they do understand by instinct, like unreasoning animals—these are the very things that destroy them (v. 10)
▪ they have taken the way of Cain; they have rushed for profit into Balaam’s error; they have been destroyed in Korah’s rebellion (v. 11)
▪ blemishes at your love feasts, eating with you without the slightest qualm—shepherds who feed only themselves, clouds without rain, blown along by the wind; autumn trees, without fruit and uprooted—twice dead (v. 12)
▪ wild waves of the sea, foaming up their shame; wandering stars for whom blackest darkness has been reserved forever (v. 13)
▪ the men who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit (v. 19)
Note: The reader will find no verse in Jude where he spoke favorably of the teachers who changed grace into a license for immorality; neither did he say we should support their ministries or seek out their teachings on other subjects.
Copyright Dan Corner, a true holiness preacher who relies on the Bible as final authority for his teaching.